I love hearing British Actor Richard Armitage’s velvety deep baritone voice tell me a story--and the many ways he intones various character personae. I just finished listening to his reading/performance of “The Convenient Marriage” [(1)] again last weekend. Heaven!
And now, my dear sweet husband is buying me the Richard Armitage narrating the 12 hours of Bernard Cornwell’s “The Lords of the North” audiobook [(2)] for my birthday soon. Well, he bought it for me yesterday. Ha!
And as always, I make most of my purchases through the RichardArmitageNet Amazon Associate link [(3)] because RANet donates their commissions to one of Richard Armitage’s chosen charities. Snap!
So for fun--and because I am trying to rest my eyes--I thought I would make a simple little video of Richard Armitage reading a LOTN excerpt courtesy of the Richard Armitage Central audiobooks downloads site [(4)].
So here is my little video [(5)] of the sweetly romantic: “Richard Armitage Reading LOTN: She Took My Hand”:
About “The Lords of the North” Narrator:
British actor Richard Armitage [(6)] looks appropriately rakish in the 2007 portrait at right—the year in which he narrated “Lords of the North”.
In 2007 when the 12 hour audio book “The Lords of the North” was released, Richard Armitage had already become a respected and much sought after actor--then currently starring in Robin Hood (2006-2009) as Sir Guy of Gisborne after having found fame and recognition with his 2004 leading role as John Thornton in the “North & South” miniseries on BBC and with an earlier pivotal role in the 2002 “Sparkhouse” mini series. Richard Armitage has gone on to successful lead actor turns as Lucas North in “Spooks” (2008-2010), and John Porter in “Chris Ryan’s Strike Back”, series 1 (2010). And Richard Armitage is soon to be seen portraying the leading role of Thorin Oakenshield in the three “The Hobbit” feature films (2012, 2013 2014).
An exquisitely talented actor/narrator/performer, Richard Armitage is a masterful storyteller! Mr. Armitage’s attention to detail about his characters’ personae and his sincerity of portrayal lend an air of authenticity to his characters that few actors of his generation achieve. Richard Armitage’s artistic projects are so prolific and varied that I urge you to visit the RANet Career News page [(7)] to learn more about him. You will be glad that you did!
(1) “The Convenient Marriage”, story by Georgette Heyer, narration by Richard Armtiage info is found at richardarmitagenet.com/career/169.html
(2) “The Lords of the North” audiobook cover and synopsis are found at Richard Armitage Net at richardarmitagenet.com/career/231.html ; this 12 hour narration was released in 2007.
(3) RichardArmitageNet Amazon Associate link for purchasing Richard Armitage and other items and have the commission fees RANet earns be donated to one of Richard Armitage’s chosen charities is found at
(4) “She Took My Hand”, an audio excerpt from Bernard Cornwell’s “The Lords of the North” narrated by Richard Armitage in 2007 for BBC Audio (now AudioGo Ltd) was found at the Richard Armitage Central site , RA audiobooks excerpts section at
(5) “Richard Armitage Reading LOTN: She Took My Hand”, an audio excerpt video by Gratiana Lovelace, 11/07/12 that is found at my Gratiana Lovelace Vimeo site. “The Lords of the North: She Took My Hand” excerpt was found at richardarmitagecentral.co.uk/RichardArmitageCentral/media%20audiobooks.html; the music interlude at the beginning and end was “Codex Calixtinus (Jacobus): Dum pater familias” from the cd “Saints and Sinners - The Ultimate Medieval and Renaissance Music Collection”, by the New London Consort and Philip Picket, Universal Classics Group, 1996.
(6) Richard Armitage Portrait from 2007 was found at
richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Richard/Promos/2007%20Promo/ChrisFloyd02.jpg ; this is one of my favorite portrait shots of Mr. Armitage. I refer to this portrait as Windblown RA for the natural pose and the ease with which he engages the viewer through the lens of the camera. Here is the link for my earlier post about this portrait, gratianads90.wordpress.com/2012/06/16/windblown-richard-armitage-in-a-2007-portrait-quietly-smoulders-61612-gratiana-lovelace-post-209/
(7) Career news about Richard Armitage is found at richardarmitagenet.com/career.html.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?