CHECK OUT THE NEW VERSION OF THIS SCRIPT HERE: alexberkowitz.wordpress.com/2013/09/15/revisiting-the-past-again/
A demo of the Randomizer script for Maya. The script allows for easy creation of materials with randomized properties.
1) Download the script here: alexberkowitz.com/downloads/randomizer.mel (right-click -> save link as)
2) Drag the script into the Maya viewport to run it
3) Adjust the ranges for color, specular, and transparency and/or specify a transparency map
4) Choose a material type and name
5) Select desired objects (can be done before running the script as well)
6) Click "Make Materials"
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?