NECESSARY TOOLS: a squeegee , measuring stick/ruler, level, pencil, and X-Acto knife
HELPFUL TOOL: a laser level
PREP: In order for your MUR product to stick, you will need a smooth, dry and clean surface. If your drywall is damp, dirty, or dusty clean it with mild soap or water depending on your surface. Wait for the the wall to dry completely before application. For freshly painted walls, allow 2 weeks to ensure that paint is completely dry.
1. Pick a corner to start your design. It’s easiest to place your first decal in an area where there is a straight edge to guide you (such as where a wall meets the ceiling, cabinet edge, etc). This will allow you to position your decals in a straight and level manner. Pay attention to whether your home has a level ceiling, as older homes often have uneven walls. If you don’t have a straight edge to work with, use a level to mark off a straight line.
2. Peel off decal from its paper backing and place in corner. After decal is applied, smooth out any air bubbles or wrinkles with the squeegee. Make sure the decal is fastened and flush with the wall. If you make an error in applying the decal, simply peel it off, reposition, and reapply.
3. Next, plan out where the next piece is to be placed. We suggest carrying out your design row by row, either horizontally or vertically. Once you decide where to place your next piece, measure the correct distant with a ruler and lightly mark it off in pencil. Then, using a level, make more marks in pencil to guide you in applying the decal. As you align the decal with the marks you have made, you can ensure that the decals are properly spaced and level.
4. Apply the second decal in the position you have marked off, and smooth over with squeegee.
5. When you get to an edge of the wall where a full decal won’t fit, simply trim the decal as needed. This may be done by applying the decal to the wall and, using a ruler as a guide, trimming along the edge of the ruler with an X-Acto knife. Press firmly enough to score the vinyl paper but be careful not to press so firmly that you mark the wall underneath the decal.
6. Repeat these steps until all pieces are correctly placed.
REMOVAL. Simply peel back the edge of the decal and slowly pull it off your surface. If the decal is applied to a less porous surface like glass, blow-dry our product on low heat to release the adhesive. This will make it easier to remove.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?