“ … And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption … ”
Chris Fishlock continues the exposition of Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. Here he sets out the passage in 4 between verses 17 and 32: “ Now this I say and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds … ”.
The Bible translation we use at St Helen's is the English Standard Version (ESV). If you don’t have a Bible handy then here is a link to Paul’s letter to the Ephesians, chapter 4 - esvbible.org/Ephesians+4/
There are Study Guides to many of the books of the Bible, including one to the letter to the Ephesians, at st-helens.org.uk/resources/bible-study-resources
Chris gave this talk on Sunday, 11th November, 2012; here at St Helen's, Bishopsgate, to our Sunday-afternoon congregation.
The earlier talks, given by Chris and by Aneirin Glyn, are: –
1. “The Divine Plan”, on Ephesians 1.1-14 - youtube.com/watch?v=FfvoJ4PRKNg&feature=plcp
2. “Knowing what you have in Christ”, on Ephesians 1.15-23 - youtube.com/watch?v=IAB4pTbAzsM&feature=plcp
3. “This is your Life”, on Ephesians 2.1-10 - youtube.com/watch?v=v3REBzpYwKs&feature=plcp
4. “Together in Christ”, on Ephesians 2.11-22 - youtube.com/watch?v=qcX9J6v6Dd4&feature=plcp
5. “The Secret’s Out”, on Ephesians 3.1-13 - youtube.com/watch?v=gyhck0jTL5Q&feature=plcp
6. “Paul's Prayer”, on Ephesians 3.14-21 - vimeo.com/52549414
7. “Walk worthily and grow”, on Ephesians 4:1-16 - youtube.com/watch?v=Mu3tNt3Iejo&feature=plcp
To browse or search our archive of over 7,000 talks - or to subscribe to a podcast - please visit our church's website st-helens.org.uk/ - there's lots of other information there too.
We're in the City of London, only a short walk away from Liverpool Street Station; with meetings on Sundays and some weekday lunchtimes.
If ever you're in London you're always welcome to join us.
Your comments and queries are always welcome –
please contact our webmaster. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our reference for this video is SA12-046
copyright - ©2012 St Helen's Church, Bishopsgate, London. st-helens.org.uk/
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?