Important messages in this Kidney Story No 8 - Diet and Kidney Disease
- Kidneys take out waste from the food we eat
- When kidneys are sick waste stays in your blood
- Eat healthy foods and stay strong
- Healthy foods and exercise will help your kidneys
Topics covered are:
1. What's in food
2. Learn about food for kidney patients
3. Some foods make blood pressure high
4. Some foods make diabetes worse
5. Some foods have too much fat
6. Being overweight
7. Bush tucker is good food
8. Phosphate and potassium in foods
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are advised that some resources below may contain images and voices of people that have died.
After watching this video, if you have questions, you should talk to your healthcare mob for answers.
For more info see kidney.org.au or call in with your questions to our
Kidney Health Information Service 1800 4 KIDNEY - 1800 4 543639
Kidney Health Australia is proud to host this important resource as part of our education program for Indigenous Australians. This resource should also be valued as an education tool for those with English as a second language.
If you want to know more view the complete KIDNEY STORIES flipchart series, find some simple education posters at kidney.org.au/ForPatients/IndigenousKidneyStories/tabid/829/Default.aspx
Health Professionals needing more resources of this nature should go to:
Credit to Northern Territory Renal Services - producer and developer
ENQUIRIES: Dorothy Brown - Renal Services Development Officer, 2nd Floor - Health House, 87 Mitchell St, Darwin NT 0810 Ph: 08 8999 2405 - Fx: 08 8999 2439 - email Dorothy.Brown@nt.gov.au
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?