… But they were filled with fury and discussed with one another what they might do to Jesus … ”
William Taylor, our Rector, teaches the passage in Luke’s gospel where Jesus explains the purpose of the Sabbath, and selects His twelve apostles. - chapter 6, verses 1 to 16.
The Bible translation we use at St Helen's is the English Standard Version (ESV). If you don’t have a Bible handy then here is a link to Luke's gospel, chapter 6 - esvbible.org/Luke+6/
William gave this talk on Sunday, 18th November, 2012; here at St Helen's, Bishopsgate, to our Sunday-morning congregation.
It continues the series of talks, "The Saviour's Manifesto". The earlier talks - some given by William, some given by Paul Clarke - are:
1. "The Saviour Announced", on Luke 3.1-14 - youtube.com/watch?v=b1Qd5RbQB3c&feature=plcp
2. “The Saviour Identified”, on Luke 3.15-22 - youtube.com/watch?v=H2bdrit-zQ8&feature=plcp
3. “The Saviour’s Connections”, on Luke 3.21-38 - youtube.com/watch?v=JR-_S_XA_6E&feature=plcp
4. “The Saviour Proved”, on Luke 4.1-13 - youtube.com/watch?v=-gcNsDUc1rk
5. “The Saviour's Mission”, on Luke 4.14-21 - youtube.com/watch?v=whCfkIhoigA&feature=plcp
6. “The Saviour's Offence”, on Luke 4.22-30 - youtube.com/watch?v=00dZ3AvFMpM
7. “The Saviour's Priority”, on Luke 4.31-44 - youtube.com/watch?v=yBO8MdBaCUY&feature=plcp
8. “The Saviour’s Commission”, on Luke 5.1-16 - youtube.com/watch?v=pAtezay-VPg&feature=plcp
9. “The Saviour’s Authority”, on Luke 5.17-26 - youtube.com/watch?v=pAtezay-VPg&feature=plcp
10. “The Saviour’s Summons”, on Luke 5.27-32 - youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9isb2gjfw
11. ”The Saviour’s Challenge”, on Luke 5.33 to 39 - youtube.com/watch?v=RMUfyElU90s&feature=related
To browse or search our archive of over 7,000 talks - or to subscribe to a podcast - please visit our church's website st-helens.org.uk/ - there's lots of other information there too.
We're in the City of London, only a short walk away from Liverpool Street Station; with meetings on Sundays and some weekday lunchtimes.
If ever you're in London you're always welcome to join us.
Your comments and queries are always welcome –
please contact our webmaster. His email address is email@example.com
Our reference for this video is SM12-047
copyright - ©2012 St Helen's Church, Bishopsgate, London st-helens.org.uk/
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?