Study 9 of 13 on Growing in Christ
Key Text: “ ‘Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit’ ” (Acts 2:38, NKJV).
1. What ritual in the church is most meaningful to you personally?
2. This week’s study says that we must remember that the “ordinances” not acts by which we earn salvation or gain merit before God. What does this mean?
3. Why (in a sense) do we need to be “baptized” every day?
4. What important doctrinal truth about the Cross is revealed in 1 Corinthians 11:24-26?
5. What good would the first coming of Christ be without the Second?
6. What truths of Christ’s work in behalf of His people do baptism, foot-washing, and the Lord’s Supper illustrate?
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?