This is documentation of a directional activity that took place in my Project Critique class. Below are the instructions that were passed out prior to the event.
1. Wait until the majority of the class arrives. Lets say, 1:45 to be safe.
2. Once the majorty of the class arrives in the WallWay Gallery prepare to "preform" .
3. We are making a human knot. This is a "game" or "activity" that pops up a lot for an icebreaker activity. Perhaps you have participated in a human knot at summer camp, elementary school gym class, etc...
4. Begin my forming a small circle in the center of the space.
5. Place one hand in the middle and grasp onto another hand that isn’t directly to the right or left of you.
6. Repeat this step with the opposite hand.
7. Once all hands are connected, take time to “unravel” yourselves and undo the knot.
8.As people continue passing through the hallway, leave room for them to do so, but don’t worry that you are an obstruction, this is meant to take over the space.
9.The ultimate goal is to undo the knot that we created and end in a circular formation.
10. Congratulations, you (hopefully) unraveled yourselves.
***a casual conversation to follow event described above***
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?