Each year, we identify and discuss trends in mergers and acquisitions and how these developments will shape the year ahead. We are once again pleased to share our thoughts on what the coming year has in store for the business community with respect to mergers and acquisitions.
We anticipate that the following 5 trends will shape business in 2013.
1. Canadian Acquirors Will Focus on Mitigating Risk as Outbound Deals Increase
2. Hostile Bids Will Become More Difficult as Target Boards "Just Say Slow"
3. Activist-Driven Transactions Will Increase
4. Shareholder Litigation Will Rise
5. Foreign Investors Will Change Their Investment Strategies to Compete for Canadian Oil and Gas Assets
To read the entire text of M&A: Torys' Top Trends for 2013, visit torys.com/Publications/Pages/matrends2013.aspx
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?