We invite you to join our worship team and worshipers around the world for this first Sunday in the New Year. This week's message looks at the visitation of the Magi to Jesus and his family, often called the Epiphany. Rev. Bob Shaw speaks on this in his message titled, "Arise and Shine."
Additionally, we offer inspiring special music by award winning hammered dulcimer artist Ted Yoder, who opens our worship with his special arrangement of We Three Kings," from his Christmas CD, "Comfort and Joy."
Our worship also includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread)--for which we extend the invitation given by Jesus Christ to all who would come. If you would like to share with us in this time at the table that passes all boundaries of place, time, and walls, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink, and we ask that our blessing will extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, use a symbolic gesture or mental symbols of joining with us. (Scroll down for an Order of Worship)
We hope you will join us for this short time of worship (30 minutes), and will be blessed by participating. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that never close, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at email@example.com, or contact us using the contact information on our website, including our community, DisciplesNet City Cafe, found on our website.
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music: "We Three Kings," played by Ted Yoder
2. Scripture: Isaiah 60:1-12 (NRSV), read by Rev. Anita Cobb
3. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Rev. Russ Smith
4. Song: "O Come, All Ye Faithful," CH #, sung by Southport Christian Church.
5. Scripture: Matthew 2: 1-12, (NRSV) read by Rev. Deb Phelps
6. Message: "Arise and Shine," Rev. Bob Shaw
7. Hymn "Emmanuel, Emmanuel," CH #, sung by Southport Christian Church
8. Moment of Sharing, Rev. Anita Cobb
9. Communion: Revs. Audrey Borschel, Bob Shaw
10. Chorus: "Jesus, Remember Me," v. 1, CH# , sung by DisciplesNet singers
12. Closing music, "We Three Kings," Ted Yoder
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet is growing and has much in the works! We extend the invitation for you to be part of this ministry by giving an offering, or regular tithe. We are sustained and extending our nets now because of the generous gifts of people around the world. These gifts, like the mustard seed, are already growing in amazing ways.
We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org. Our physical address for donations is:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
And emailing address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Video editing by Deb Phelps, Russ Smith, Susan McNeely
DisciplesNet Church has a WorshipCast License with Christian Copyright Solutions which allow us permission to provide for you the musical arrangements found here on this site.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?