Story/Camera/Editing: Lennard Stock (Lennardstock.com)
please visit: friends-of-padhar.de
Dr. Clement Moss arrived in India in 1938 as a missionary of the small British Baptist Society. He felt that with a deeper medical background he could serve the people even more. Dr. Moss became the pastor in charge and developed the small dispensary into a more comprehensive medical service.
In 1969 Dr. Arvind Victor Choudhrie, who had completed his specialist orthopedic and surgical training (FRCS) in the UK, joined Dr. Moss to develop the surgical work. He became the second medical superintendent of Padhar Hospital in 1975, which he developed into a multidisciplinary centre. Because of the high incidence of malnutrition, blindness and tetanus he focused his attention on basic needs in the community.
Under the able guidance of Dr. Vincent K. Solomon who has been Medical Superintendent since 1986, the hospital has expanded tremendously. His many achievements include the introduction of Total Hip and Knee replacement surgeries, Intensive Care Unit, Dialysis Centre, Pain and Palliative Care Centre. Thanks to his unstinted efforts, Padhar Hospital is now a government-recognized institute for treatment of Polio.
Dr. Rajiv Choudhrie became the present medical superintendent. Under his leadership the hospital developed to its present state. Dr. R. Choudhrie focus is on cleft lip and palate surgeries. He is famous for his surgical skills and his will to develop the hospital day by day.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?