Max is an extremely affectionate, family-oriented young husky male - just under 1 year old. Rescued from a shelter outside Toledo, OH, the Hairy Houdini Husky Rescue and I are looking for a great, family home for Max. Here are some environment issues Max would to best in:
1. A family-style house with another dog, preferably a playful dog of a husky/lab size and similar age - young.
2. A fenced-in yard would be best, although with time, he does get used to being tied up on a leash.
3. DISCLAIMER: Max requires a 3-week allowance for adaptation to the new home. Max is not your typical husky - he is not as independent as most. He wants to be around the family/owner constantly - especially at first. At the 10-day mark, he starts to finally feel at home and comfortable, and can be left alone outside. Until then, he does whine and cry a lot - but that's just because he has separation anxiety, which goes away in about 7-10 days. Then, after 3 weeks he is pretty good.
4. Walks are best for all dogs, but Max, unlike most huskies with high energy, does not require the pulling, miles upon miles of running. He is fine doing whatever the owner is doing.
5. Again, best with another dog friend constantly around to play with.
6. Miracle to huskies - cats are ok with Max!
PLEASE CONTACT CHERIE AT HAIRY HOUDINI HUSKY RESCUE VIA FACEBOOK, EMAIL OR PHONE....OR MYSELF!
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?