For more step-by-step photos check it out here: redpathsugar.com/homemade-lemon-ginger-cough-drops
Honey Ginger Throat Drop Lozenges
1. Make ginger tea by boiling water with the sliced ginger. Add lemon juice.
2. Strain the ginger tea into a large sauce pan. This liquid will be a little cloudy.
3. Add the Redpath Granulated Sugar and honey.
4.Before putting the mixture back on the heat prepare your icing sugar mould by spreading icing sugar on a baking sheet and make indents with your finger. Put aside.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, but don't stir! Use a candy thermometer and bring the mixture to 300°F (150°C). In this stage it is important to be watching the candy thermometer because Sugar can burn very easily once caramelized. Remove the pan from the heat as soon as the sugar reaches the correct temperature.
6. Transfer the sugar mixture to a liquid measuring cup. Be very careful while handling the hot sugar mixture as it will be very hot and can burn you. Carefully pour about a teaspoon (5 mL) of the sugar mixture into the moulds in the icing sugar.
7. Once you've filled all the moulds, let the drops cool for at least 5 minutes. Once cooled, toss them in the icing sugar to coat them evenly so as to prevent them from sticking. Store in a glass jar.
Be sure to check out red path sugar for more recipes!
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?