Marketing Agents: Aaron Papahatzis 0419 683 599 email@example.com
and Rachel Walsh 0422 286 417 firstname.lastname@example.org
More Information: allhomes.com.au/ah/nsw/sale-residential/75-campbell-street-queanbeyan-queanbeyan-region/1316847166611
This lovingly updated home has been well-looked after and is in-keeping with the historic & country style of the area. Located on one of Queanbeyan's best streets, this home is directly opposite the Queanbeyan Park and within 700m of the Queanbeyan CBD.
Built as the Johnston family home in 1908, Mary Johnston registered her home as a lying-in (birthing) hospital in 1910. In 1926, she extended the house by a further four rooms. In the 34 years that "Yvonne" operated as a birthing hospital, some 1,700 babies were born here.
The last baby was born here in November 1944 and Mary Johnston converted the home into a boarding house which she managed until her death in 1948. Three generations of the Johnston family have lived here until 1980. Since that time, the home has had only 3 other owners.
The name "Yvonne" was chosen as a pun, which was common at the time the house was built. The name "Evon" was the combination of two family names "Eva" & "Johnstone". The spelling was then converted into a real name "Yvonne".
The home has a huge number of features, but the key ones are listed here:
• 5 good sized bedrooms, all with ceiling fans
• 4 living areas (formal lounge, dining, family & sunroom)
• 2 bathrooms
• Single garage (access from Surveyor Street)
• Driveway access from Campbell Street
• 16 solar panels + Sunna inverter (significant reductions in electricity bill have been noticed by current owner, dependant on usage)
• Modern kitchen with Rayburn wood burning stove plus large electric oven and cooktop
• Underfloor Insulation
• Irrigation system in place
• 1 small "schoolhouse" shed with toilet
• Cubby house and climbing fort
• Loft storage with ladder access
• Exterra Termite Monitoring System
Heating & Cooling
• Evaporative Cooling
• Ceiling fans in all bedrooms
• Hydronic heating system
• Wood-burning fireplace
• Directly opposite Queanbeyan Park
• 200 meters from Queanbeyan Bowling Club
• 400 meters from Queanbeyan Aquatic Center
• 700 meters from Crawford Street Lifestyle Precinct
• 800 meters from Riverside Plaza
• 900 meters from Queanbeyan Hospital
• 15km to Canberra City
• 25km to DHQ Bungendore
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?