The power and flexibility of Drupal's taxonomy (classification) system is one thing that sets it apart from other CMSs. Yet many Drupal builders fail to fully harness what Drupal gives them in taxonomy. This session will help you get the most from it.
- Introduction to taxonomy: what it is.
- Clearing up some terminology: what it means.
- Current uses, by Drupal core modules, by contributed modules, and on live sites.
- How taxonomy relates to the rest of the Drupal framework.
- When to use taxonomy and when to use something else, such as custom fields or custom content types.
- Modules that further expand the usefulness of taxonomy.
- Overall, a focus on real-life, practical examples.
David Lanier is a freelance Drupal Developer and Themer in Amarillo, TX.
About DrupalCamp Dallas
DrupalCamp Dallas is a two day event for Drupal developers, users, and those who are curious about the open source platform. Admission for the event is $30 and users can register on the website, drupalcampdallas.org. Admission to the camp will cover all sessions, food at the event, and a free DrupalCamp Dallas t-shirt. For more information about the camp, visit drupalcampdallas.org or call 214.887.8586.
Sponsors include Improving Enterprises, Firehost, Acquia, Volacci, Rocket Genius, Open Circle, CMS Website Services, Koine Media, LevelTen Interactive, and Tarakan Design.
DrupalCamp Dallas is organized by a team of local Drupal users and agency owners: Lee Raney, Jennifer Conley, Colin Alsheimer, Tom McCracken, David Hahn, Randall Knutson, Dustin Currie and Mark Sonnabaum.
Drupal is a popular content management system that blends web content management and social media capabilities with an enormous library of custom extensions. The Drupal framework and supported exentions are all backed by a large network of professional developers and hobbyists. Using the Drupal framework, companies and individuals can easily create engaging, socially interactive websites.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?