Braintree is a payment gateway, so downtime directly costs both us and our merchants money. Therefore, high availability is extremely important at Braintree. This talk will cover how we do HA at Braintree on our Ruby on Rails application.
Specific topics will include:
Working around planned downtime and deploys:
- How we pause traffic for short periods of time without failing requests
- How we fit our maintenance into these short pauses
- How we do rolling deploys and schema changes without downtime
Working around unplanned failures:
- How we load balance across redundant services
- How the app is structured to retry requests
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?