This short video shows the different steps used to create the stars in the 100YSS screensaver.
1) Initial view is the corona effect done in GLSL on a singe quad.
2) Then the sphere is turned on to show the surface details.
3) The main star form is defined as a billboarded quad.
4) Additional corona effects are turned on. This is actually four overlapping low-alpha quads with different types corona graphics rotating in different directions.
5) Finally, the glows are turned on. This consists of a single large radial gradient and a single wide anamorphic lens-flare style strip.
Portfolio post forthcoming.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?