The work shown in this video is representative of about 10% of the work I contributed to God of War: Ascension, the other 90% can be found in the breakables video. Basically what happened was I cleared all of my breakables tasks earlier than expected and spent my last few weeks on the project adding effects to environments that had always needed it. I created some new effects from scratch as well as re-using certain pre-made effects. The majority of effects were customized on a per-instance basis, primarily for color correction to match lighting and timing to simulate gusts of wind. On top of placing new effects in these areas I was also in charge of optimizing and polishing existing effects to improve frame rate performance.

If you are interested in me as a potential hire and you have any questions about this video you can email me at: nortega@ringling.edu or you could look up my alternate contact info at my website: noahortega.com

Loading more stuff…

Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?

Loading videos…