Replaced the carbon brushes reusing the old brush holders and springs, carefully brazing the copper wires to the contacts and cleaning the commutator with some steel wool and some fine sand paper, then wiping with acetone.
Switching the vacuum on generated so many sparks that it very nearly set the plastic enclosure on fire and produced a lot of electrical burning smell.
Anyone know why it could be sparking so much?
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?