The Women’s Tennis Team beat NC State 4-3 in Raleigh Thursday night.
The No. 1 Tar Heels came back from the Wolfpack’s courts with a hard-fought win, and had to battle for nearly five hours before getting their second victory in the ACC Conference.
UNC won the doubles point, and Lauren McHale, Caroline Price and Whitney Kay won their singles matches.
Carolina is now 15-1 and 2-0 in the ACC and will face No. 11 Northwestern in Evanston Sunday for their last non-conference match.
SUM-UP of Thursday’s match:
1. Whitney Kay/Caroline Price (UNC) def. Joelle Kissell/Tatiana Illova (NCSU) 8-5
2. Ashley Dai/Zoe De Bruycker (UNC) def. Elisha Hande/Nicole Martinez (NCSU) 8-4
3. Chloe Smith/Sophie Nelson (NCSU) def. Gina Suarez-Malaguti/Lauren McHale (UNC) 8-5
1. #63 Joelle Kissell (NCSU) def. #4 Gina Suarez-Malaguti (UNC) 6-3, 6-2
2. Tatiana Illova (NCSU) def. #36 Zoe De Bruycker (UNC) 6-3, 4-6, 6-2
3. #23 Whitney Kay (UNC) def. Rachael James-Baker (NCSU) 6-1, 6-7 (3), 6-3
4. Lauren McHale (UNC) def. Nicole Martinez (NCSU) 6-3, 6-2
5. #30 Caroline Price (UNC) def. Chloe Smith (NCSU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Elisha Hande (NCSU) def. #123 Ashley Dai (UNC) 6-2, 1-6, 1-0 (10)
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?