A selection of compositing demos from some of my recent work. Enjoy!
The Adjustment Bureau
The Men Who Built America
1. Boardwalk Empire. 2011. Nuke composite, 3D set augmentation, matte painting. I turned the world around 180 degrees to change the plate shot in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, facing south into Brooklyn, to now face Manhattan from the Hoboken docks. I integrated 2D matte painting elements into Nuke's 3D space, replacing plate elements, adding atmospheric elements, practical water plates, integrated CG boat model via multilayer EXR, and comped green screen people on boat. Emmy winning!
2. Boardwalk Empire. 2011. Nuke composite, CG face augmentation. Integrated CG with plate. 3d blend matte generation within Nuke. Spline warping, clean-plating,and bringing the CG wound to life. When I began to get grossed out, I knew I was doing my job.
3. Men Who Built America, 2012. Nuke composite. I knocked out back wall of this rock quarry in PA, to re-create the building of the Panama Canal. This is all about the Nuke 3D set extension/augmentation. I built a complex 3D set extension from supplied 2D matte painting elems. Added practical elements as well, such as people, horses, and of course, 'splosions.
4. Adjustment Bureau, 2010. Nuke composite, face replacement. Integrated CG multi-layer EXRs with plate.
5. Boardwalk Empire, 2011. Added practical smoke, debris, explosions, bullet hits, burning branches, blood splatter, camera shake, etc, to plate. 3D camera incorporated for tracking elements during pan up.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?