BFTBC – Ruth Bible Class #9 – Ruth 4:6-13
On Tuesday, April, 9, 2013, Daniel S. Waite conducted the Bible Class in the book of Ruth from the text of Ruth 4:6-13
Pastor D. A. Waite
Bible For Today Baptist Church
900 Park Avenue
Collingswood, NJ 08108
Ruth 4:6-13 And the kinsman said, I cannot redeem it for myself, lest I mar mine own inheritance: redeem thou my right to thyself; for I cannot redeem it. (7) Now this was the manner in former time in Israel concerning redeeming and concerning changing, for to confirm all things; a man plucked off his shoe, and gave it to his neighbour: and this was a testimony in Israel. (8) Therefore the kinsman said unto Boaz, Buy it for thee. So he drew off his shoe. (9) And Boaz said unto the elders, and unto all the people, Ye are witnesses this day, that I have bought all that was Elimelech's, and all that was Chilion's and Mahlon's, of the hand of Naomi. (10) Moreover Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of Mahlon, have I purchased to be my wife, to raise up the name of the dead upon his inheritance, that the name of the dead be not cut off from among his brethren, and from the gate of his place: ye are witnesses this day. (11) And all the people that were in the gate, and the elders, said, We are witnesses. The LORD make the woman that is come into thine house like Rachel and like Leah, which two did build the house of Israel: and do thou worthily in Ephratah, and be famous in Bethlehem: (12) And let thy house be like the house of Pharez, whom Tamar bare unto Judah, of the seed which the LORD shall give thee of this young woman. (13) So Boaz took Ruth, and she was his wife: and when he went in unto her, the LORD gave her conception, and she bare a son.
1. Who said, “I cannot redeem it for myself, lest I mar mine own inheritance” (see Ruth 4:6)
2. Who was concerned that they would “mar” their “own inheritance” (see Ruth 4:6)?
3. To whom was this said, “redeem thou my right to thyself, for I cannot redeem it (see Ruth 4:6)?
4. In what nation or country are the events of chapter four taking place (see Ruth 4:7)?
5. How where certain testimonies in Israel confirmed (see Ruth 4:7)? Who said, “Buy it for thee” (see Ruth 4:8)?
6. Who “drew off his shoe” (see Ruth 4:8)?
7. Who spoke to the elders (see Ruth 4:9)?
8. Who said, “Ye are witnesses this day . . .” (see Ruth 4:9)?
9. By whose hand was the land bought (see Ruth 4:9)?
10. To whom did the land belong before it was bought (see Ruth 4:9)? What was the name of Mahlon’s wife (see Ruth 4:10)?
11. From what country was Mahlon’s wife (see Ruth 4:10)?
12. Who was “purchased” to be his wife (see Ruth 4:10)?
13. Who “purchased” her (see Ruth 4:10)?
14. Why was the land and the woman “purchased” or redeemed (see Ruth 4:10)?
15. Who where “witnesses” of the “purchase” or redemption (see Ruth 4:9-11)
16. Who said, “We are witnesses” (see Ruth 4:11)?
17. Who are the women that did “build the house of Israel” (see Ruth 4:11)
18. What woman did the people want to be famous in Bethlehem (see Ruth 4:10-11)?
19. Whose house did the people desire that the house of Boaz be like (see Ruth 4:12)?
20. What was the name of Pharez’ parents (see Ruth 4:12)?.
21. Who did Boaz take as his wife (see Ruth 4:13)?
22. Was Boaz’ and wife’s first child a male or female (see Ruth 4:13)?
Ruth, Bible For Today, Daniel S. Waite, D. A. Waite, Collingswood, King James Bible, kinsman, redeem, plucked off his shoe, Boaz, Elimelech, Chlion, Mahlon, Naomi, Ruth, Moabitess, Rachel, Leah, Ephrath, Pharez, Tamar, Judah
MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE OF THE BIBLE
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one...
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
2 Corinthians 6:2
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?