Northwest Missouri FCA staff, Trevor Nashleanas, teaches area athletes how to plan their lives around making disciples of Jesus at EXCELeration Leadership on Tuesday April 9, 2013. This the 11th message in the EXCELeration "Disciple" series. Follow Trevor on Twitter: twitter.com/tnashleanas
1. What stood out to you most about planning for discipleship and why?
2. God’s plan from the beginning was to create for himself a people for his own possession; a people who would get their identity from Jesus and worship him as a community on mission to reach the world for Jesus. How does it feel to be invited by God into his plan? How should God’s plan affect your plans?
3. The 3 biggest obstacles to effective discipleship are habitual sin, a debilitating mindset and priority management. Do any of these obstacles hinder you from effectively becoming and making disciples for Jesus? If so, how? How can tonight’s meeting help you overcome those obstacles?
4. There are at least 5 ways to plan discipleship: 1) Schedule your life around Jesus 2) Schedule your life around community in the church 3) Schedule your life around life-on-life discipleship 4) Schedule deliberate time with non-Christians 5) Schedule opportunities to engage culture missionally as a community. Which of these 5 principles can you use this week? How can these principles help you make disciples of Jesus through Impact Programs?
5. How would, or has, an Impact Program helped you be more intentional about making disciples of Jesus?
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?