The Borders of Race? Rethinking Racial Boundaries in Imperial and Transnational Contexts (UCC 2520D) Friday, March 29 11am-12:30pm. Crossing Borders Study Day 2013. This video contains the discussion with questions and answers after all presenters had delivered their presentations.
* Moderator: Anny Curtius (French & Italian)
* Noaquia Callahan (History, CB Fellow), “An African American Woman's International Agenda: The Life and Experience of Mary Church Terrell, 1880-1940”
* Allison Wells (History), “The “Privileges” of Imperialism: Intermarriages Between American Servicemen and Filipinas, 1898-1912”
* Admire Mseba (History), “Racialized Rule, Racialized Land: Colonial Experiences and Historical Narratives of land and Power in Zimbabwe”
* Raquel Baker (English, CB Fellow), “Aching Whiteness: Transforming African Postcoloniality in Wizard of the Crow”
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?