1. According to Live Science, scientists announced today that the hands of the infamous "Doomsday Clock" will remain firmly in their place at five minutes to midnight -- symbolizing humans' destruction -- for the year 2013. Keeping their outlook for the future of humanity quite dim, the group of scientists also wrote an open letter to President Barack Obama, urging him to partner with other global leaders to act on climate change. The clock is a symbol of the threat of humanity's imminent destruction from nuclear or biological weapons, climate change and other human-caused disasters.
2. According to The Times of Israel, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reiterated his oft-stated stance that, under the current circumstances, Israel could not make peace with the Palestinians. In a pre-election interview, Netanyahu said that if Israel were to pull out of the West Bank, it would fall into the hands of the country's enemies. He said, "In the Middle East, any territory that we evacuate will be captured by Iran. The stronger we are, the more we will be able to guarantee our future and make peace with our neighbors."
3. According to The Times of Israel, Israeli soldiers patrolling near the Gaza Strip discovered a large tunnel originating from the Palestinian enclave, apparently designed to facilitate a terror attack. The army said the shaft was part of an elaborate terror plan against Israeli targets or an attempt to kidnap soldiers. The IDF deemed the tunnel a "serious security threat" as it was the same type of tunnel that was used in 2006 to ambush and kidnap Israeli soldiers.
4. According to Fox News, a longtime substitute teacher in New Jersey has been fired after he shared a Bible verse with a student and gave the child a Bible upon request. He was accused of breaking two policies - distributing religious literature on school grounds and another policy that directs teachers to be neutral when discussing religious material. Hiram Sasser, director of litigation at Liberty Institute, said, "It's unfortunate that the school district chose the path of religious hostility and intolerance against a retired man serving his community and simply responding to a student's intellectual curiosity."
5. According to Great Britain's Telegraph newspaper, North Korea vowed to strengthen its defences amid concerns the country may conduct a nuclear test as a follow-up to last month's long-range rocket launch. Citing U.S. hostility, the country's foreign ministry said in a memorandum that North Korea will "continue to strengthen its deterrence against all forms of war." Reports said that North Korea had informed China that it is planning to conduct a nuclear test this week.
The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 5:23: "May the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?