1. First thing's first: Disconnect all sources of power.
2. Remove 6 screws from under battery compartment (1 under label).
4 closest to edge are shorter than inner 2.
3. Pry off the LCD's hinge cover.
4. Remove 2 small screws, and then remove cable router.
5. Remove 6 hinge screws (3 on each side).
Tilt LCD slightly (~30°) to access the 2 inner screws.
6. 4 black screws closest to edge are shorter then 2 silver screws.
7. Support LCD while removing last screw.
8. Carefully lower LCD and push away as you angle it out of the chassis.
9. Remove 2 screws (1 on each side) on bottom of LCD frame.
10. Use a pry tool (or credit/gift card) of some sort to disengage any clips from the frame of the LCD.
11. The bezel is glued to the LCD frame. Run your finger between the bezel and the edge of the LCD and gently peel it off the frame.
12. Remove 19 screws holding the LCD to the lid.
13. 2 (center-most bottom screws) hold the bottom support bracket, and 7 (along the top) hold the top support bracket.
14. Place padding of some sort (newspaper, bubblewrap) over the keyboard for this next step
15. Pry the LCD unit out of the top lid and flip onto keyboard.
16. Remove 8 screws (4 on each side) holding the Hinge Brackets onto the LCD unit.
17. Carefully untangle LCD and Antenna cables and remove Hinge Brackets from LCD unit.
18. Gently peel away silver tape holding cables to LCD unit.
19. Peel off yellow insulation tape and put aside for re-use.
20. VERY CAREFULLY, peel back clear tape holding LCD LVDS connector onto LCD unit.
21. LVDS connector will slide out very easily.
22. LVDS connector will slide into new LCD just as easily.
Follow steps in reverse and You are GOOD TO GO!!!
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?