This former boys' home and swimming pool was established in 1883 by a group of Presbyterian humanitarians who donated money to build bathing facilities for disadvantaged children and youths. According to the historical record, bathe they did not: their families stored coal in the facilities instead. By the time we arrived for an Inspection, the pool had been demolished to make way for a yet-to-materialise supermarket. Let's just say we had to improvise.

Loading more stuff…

Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?

Loading videos…