Unit 3: Cell Structure and Function
Lecture 3: Osmosis and Diffusion (Passive Transport)
After viewing this video lecture on Passive Transport, you should be able to:
- Define diffusion and explain why it is biologically important.
- Define osmosis and explain why it is biologically important.
- Explain the difference between isotonic, hypotonic, and hypertonic conditions.
- Predict what would happen to a cell in hypo, hyper, and isotonic conditions.
- Compare and contrast facilitated diffusion with active transport.
(NOTE: This video lecture was filmed to play for a class, so there are some details specific to that class.)
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?