Student video for the song 'Silent Spring' by Massive Attack, with the purpose of envoking a feeling of serenity.
Every element of a film should be intentional and reinforce its underlying theme or purpose. To reach this understanding you will shoot and edit a video montage/collage that conveys a feeling or an emotion. This project’s subject is intentionally broad to encourage creativity, so as you develop your concepts consider many directions as a viable options.
- Process: conducting research, scripting, storyboarding, shooting, editing, exporting Use of digital video cameras and hardware
- Editing footage
- Working with audio (sound and music)
- Vocabulary of shooting and editing
- To apply technical and theoretical knowledge to creatively convey meaning, and inspire thought
- To understand the sophisticated relationship between the various elements of motion pictures
- To understand that the elements of motion pictures: the composition, the movement (pan, zoom, etc.) the sequence, the sound, the music all convey meaning
- Thorough storyboard
- One to Three minutes
- Appropriate music, no dialogue or narration
- People can be used as subjects, but I recommend minimally
- Include credits with (title, author, course, year, and credits to sound and sources)
© Nicole Deering 2009. Digital Audio/Video I @ Maryville University 2009FA.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?