Just a little sneak peek at some future ICE tutorial content that Alan has been working on. :)
A few interesting techniques in here:
- the strings are strands,
- the strings are simulated with verlet integration, with one end constrained to a null and another to the balloon,
- the balloons collide with each other (and can with other meshes or a null),
- balloons have a "soft" (velocity-based) distance constraint mechanism which precomputes the next frame position to "see the future" and readjust their velocity to compensate accordingly (or "rewrite their destiny"),
- the strings segment points collide with the balloons spheres (though it's hard to appreciate in the video),
- spheres are used here but proper modeled geo could be instanced.
This effect will be split to a few tutorials and will probably come sometime in a few weeks.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?