A short video showing the Poul version of Thing in action.
Thing is designed to help you calm your thoughts and slow down. Using infrared light, Thing can detect the pulse in your thumb and then uses that data to change the brightness of a red LED. It's pretty cool. The idea is quite simply to focus your attention on the pulsating light and calm your thoughts, just as one would do when meditating. Thing comes in two versions: Ella & Poul: Poul projects the light out into the room while Ella uses a more subtle LED. See more pictures and descriptions of Thing at ddlab.dk/johnkes-blog.
Ideas for use:
- Couple Thing with music or visuals
- Use Thing while doing breathing exercises
- Use Thing to remind yourself that you're alive and kicking. Sometimes we forget!
- Concentrate and see if you can slow down your heartbeat
- If you already meditate, use Thing for a minute or two before or after your meditation
- With the Poul version of Thing you can project your pulse anywhere. Try aiming it at the walls in your room, at buildings in the city or even at someone else (be careful the light can be a bit bright).
A video of the data visualization can be found here: vimeo.com/69371035#.
Music: "Congo" by Bear Mountain.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?