Curious George’s Town is a fun educational app that takes children into an exciting world that they can customize.
Download on the App Store!
For iPhone or iPad: itunes.apple.com/us/app/curious-georges-town/id640044019?mt=8
With the friendly guidance of The Man With The Yellow Hat, your child will enjoy interactive games in places around the town—in the market, library, pet store, park, and town square. Through these entertaining games, children earn virtual coins that they can use to buy many items—such as a dinosaur or roller coaster—and build their very own town.
This wonderful app encourages good behaviour and promotes saving by encouraging children to delay spending (deferred gratification) in order to accomplish a goal (create a town). When children defer gratification, they learn to plan activities, set goals, and make strategic choices.
Parents can use a reward chart to set tasks for their child and help them earn more coins to purchase items in the Town Store. Children can also earn coins independently by playing a series of fun mini games.
The pop-up menu and guidance includes:
• A beautifully illustrated town view where the child can use the coins earned to buy exciting items, such as a fire station, roller coaster, farm animals, and even dinosaurs!
• Humorous, engaging narration from The Man With The Yellow Hat.
• Parents’ section with a customizable reward chart for setting tasks.
The games feature real-world activities that inspire confidence and a sense of responsibility:
• Feed the animals at the Pet Store.
• Decorate a cake at the Bakery.
• Sort books at the Library.
• Clean and recycle at the Park.
• Navigate through the Town Square Maze.
• Collect items from the checkout at the Grocery Store.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?