This 28-minute worship brings chances to sing, pray, study scripture, and hear an inspiring message. As we do every week, we extend the invitation for you to join in as we celebrate the Lord's Supper, also known as breaking of the bread or communion. If you would like to share with us at the table that extends across boundaries of time, place, and structure, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or type of bread and a small drink (we use grape juice, but even water will work). As we pray, we are praying that our blessing extends to where you are. If you are unable or prefer not to eat or drink with us at this time, you may want to meditate or use motions or mental symbol as you come together at this table of remembrance with us.
We hope that as you join us for worship you will feel a blessing from being part. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that are always open, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music: "Just a Closer Walk," Beverly Carmichael Heid
2. Welcome: Audrey Borschel
3. Memory Scripture, Jeremiah 29:11 (NRSV) ,Janet Spaulding
3. Opening Song: We Sing Your Mighty Power, O God," Chalice Hymnal #64, DisciplesNet chorale
4. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Deb Phelps
5. Hymn: "Amazing Grace," CH #546, DisciplesNet singers
6. Scripture: Genesis 18:20-32 (NRSV), Susan McNeely
7. Message: "Imperfect Examples," Rev. Russ Smith
8. Song: "Just a Closer Walk," CH #557, Dean Phelps and Holly Smith
9. Communion: Anita Cobb
10. Communion song, "Let Us Break Bread Together," CH #425
11. Sending out
12. Closing Music, credits: "Just a Closer Walk"
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, including talking more about belief in God, becoming a Christian or following Christ, or living as a disciple of Christ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us using the contact information on our website, including our community, DisciplesNet City Cafe, found on our website.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet Church is a not-for-profit church that exists to cross barriers and boundaries to share the Good News of God's redeeming love. We rely on the gifts of our online viewers as we continue to grow and extend our nets around the world.
We also extend the invitation for you to be part of the DisciplesNet ministry by giving a one time gift, or ongoing, including a tithe. Even the smallest of gifts, like the mustard seed, have a way of growing in amazing ways to share God's word and the love of Jesus Christ.
We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org. Our physical address for donations is:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
And emailing address is: email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?