Laser Treatment for Fungal Toenails - Podiatrist in San Leandro, Los Gatos and Pleasanton, CA - Michael Stein, DPM
Podiatrist Dr. Michael A. Stein of Foot Doctor of the East Bay discusses the Fungal Toenail Laser Treatment.
Fungal nails refers to any number of fungal nail infections that can occur on the foot.
Preventing Fungal Nail Infections
After a fungal nail infection has cleared up, take steps to prevent the infection from recurring. Keeping fungi at bay will help prevent a fungal infection of the skin from reinfecting the nail. Before bed, thoroughly wash and dry your feet, and apply a nonprescription antifungal cream to the entire foot from the ankle down. Use the cream every night, then gradually apply it less often. Keep your feet dry. Dry feet are less likely to become infected. Apply powder to your dry feet after you take a shower or bath.
Other suggestions for preventing fungal nails include:
• Don't share nail clippers or nail files with others.
• Don't share shoes or socks with others.
• Try not to injure your nail, such as by cutting it too short (trauma to the nail may lead to infections).
• Wear dry cotton socks and change them two or three times a day if necessary.
• Wear dry shoes that allow air to circulate around your feet (tight, enclosed, moist shoes contribute to fungal toenail infections).
• Wear shower sandals or shower shoes when you are at a public pool or shower.
Follow basic foot care guidelines and, more than likely, you can head off most common foot fungus problems.
Visit our website footdoctoreastbay.com
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?