Vanilla Date Almond Milk
Makes 3 cups of Milk
1 cup raw almonds, preferably organic
2 cups water, plus more for soaking
2 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
1 pinch of sea salt
1. Place the almonds in a bowl and cover with about an inch of water. They will plump as they absorb water. Let stand, uncovered, overnight or up to 2 days. The longer the almonds soak, the creamier the almond milk.
2. Drain the almonds from their soaking water and rinse them thoroughly under cool running water.
3. Combine the almonds, vanilla seeds, dates, pinch of salt, and water in a blender. Blend at the highest speed for 2 minutes until the almonds are a very fine meal and the liquid is opaque.
4. Line the strainer with cheese cloth, and place over a bowl. Pour the almond mixture into the strainer. Press all the almond milk from the almond meal. Gather the nut bag or cheese cloth around the almond meal and twist close. Squeeze and press with clean hands to extract as much almond milk as possible.
5. Refrigerate almond milk. Store the almond milk in sealed containers in the fridge for up to two days.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?