This talk is a practical experience report from removing all XML from a project's production code. Through code samples, it will show how your typical enterprise application changes.
- What's wrong with XML ?
- Webapp without web.xml; samples for Jetty
- Spring without xml using javaconfig
- Programmatic logging configuration
- Implications on application design
- Implications on application testability
This second part will cover subtle changes to overall application
composition that turn out to have significant impact on simplicity,
and will show that this is the missing link in making "loose coupling"
Migration strategies for current code
Agile minimalist with a taste for getting to the bottom of things. Apache member, Maven PMC, Codehaus, Selenium Committer.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?