Welcome to the debut episode of MI Book Boutique TV (MBB-TV). For the first segment, I chose Dean and Mary Ellen LaDouceur, of Dean's List Publishing, who have created a checklist of “do's and don't” for authors to look for when shopping for a publisher. This segment airs just in time to promote a workshop they are having at the MI Book Boutique for writers and authors: “Beyond the the First Sentence: A Writer's Workshop on Publishing” on Thursday, October 10 at 6:30 pm. beyondthefirstsentence-network.eventbrite.com You can also listen to their blogtalk radio show, "On The Dean's List", blogtalkradio.com/onthedeanslist
Although the majority of my interviews will be with Michigan-based authors, publishers, entertainers, artists and marketing experts, you don't have to be even a writer to benefit from the information these guest's will share. Future interviews include:
* Detroit Poet Laureate M.L. Liebler in an up-close and personal interview outside the West Bloomfield Library
* Coach and author Kim Boudreau Smith talking about being featured in several internationally produced anthologies and she makes a breaking news announcement
* Author Tom Sawyer talks about vampires and being hailed as “a new voice in horror fiction”
* Frank Granett, Rph talks passionately about the over medicating of our children with ADHD drugs and offers an action plan of steps to follow before resorting to these dangerous drugs.
* In time for Halloween, producer John Wisnewski and screenwriter/actor Dean Vanderkolk.talk about two Zombie movies produced here in the metro-Detroit area.
* Also, interviews about healthy eating, business, and tips for marketing your book, product or service.
By the way, if you want to own any of the books, DVD's or CD's that we spotlight on the show, you can do so by coming into the store at 4396 Dixie Hwy, #2, in Waterford (at Sashabaw Road) or order from our online store at mibookboutique.com (will be available by Oct. 16)
All the MBB-TV segments are filmed and edited by Brian Golden, owner of FX Video Productions. Listen to a November 2010 radio interview with Brian on Maurer Marketing Minutes, where he gives an in-depth explanation about creating a public access television program. bit.ly/18HnhKZ He has also created an easy-to-follow, step-by-step 12-hour course about this at publicaccessuniversity.wikispaces.com/
For more details on the workshop or any upcoming events or programs scheduled to be in the store, go to MBB's Facebook page at facebook.com/MIBookBoutique for the most current and up-to-date information.
Want to be a guest on the MBB-TV show? Want to sell your books or CD's in the store? Would you like to schedule a book signing or movie screening? Or lead a workshop or program in the store? I look forward to hearing from you at Sandra@mibookboutique.com or come by the store for coffee, cookies and conversation.
Join us next time with Coach and Author Kim Boudreau Smith who is featured in several international anthologies and she surprises us with a breaking news announcement about a new coaching service she is adding.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?