WELCOME TO THE WHEEL OF WELL-BEING

We believe that the way we think and feel is just as important to a long and happy life as good food and physical exercise.

Why? Because all over the world, research is showing us that people with higher levels of well-being are more resistant to colds, feel more connected to others, and can even live up to 7 years longer. They recover from surgery more quickly, feel pain less acutely, are more creative and are better at problem-solving.

Until recently, scientists believed that well-being was inherited – so if your parents were pessimistic, you probably would be, too.

Now we know differently. We know that our genes, upbringing and circumstance only account for 60% of our well-being. The remaining 40% is down to how we choose to spend our time, and our general attitude to life.

If you’d like to know how well-being can be improved, check out our Wheel of Well-being – that’s WoW for short. It includes six aspects of well-being – all linked with a positive suggestion for action.

So for Body, the action is ‘be active’, for Mind it’s ‘ keep learning’, Spirit’s about ‘giving’, People’s about ‘connecting’, Place is about ‘taking notice’, and Planet challenges us to ‘care’.

If you’re as interested in well-being as we are - whether you’re a guy, a gal, a group or a government – welcome. We hope you’ll find this site a great place to explore, learn and share information about things that help you and those around you think positively and feel better.

Loading more stuff…

Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?

Loading videos…