Flipped Classroom Video Viewing Guide
• What is a flipped classroom?
• Why would you want to flip your class?
• What can you flip with existing material?
• The first step in flipping your class
Examples of before class and in class activities
• Examples of before class activities for your students
• Examples of activities you can plan for the in class portion of your flipped lesson.
Ideas and advice from instructors flipping their classes
• Meet an instructor who was flipping her class already and didn’t realize it!
• Several instructors comment on how they motivate their students to complete the out of class activities
• Great ideas on how to “chunk” learning into smaller pieces and have students take ownership for this learning
• How one instructor uses flexibility in his flipped class to increase student “buy in” and has been experiencing great success with his method
• Managing student expectations when they are skeptical about the flipped method
• A “flipped” strategy one instructor uses to help students who are struggling.
• The flipped class model can help students prepare for the real world and employability.
• One instructor’s strategy to boost attendance in his class.
• Making learning more active both in school and at home so students are not passively digesting information.
• Creating resources for students to view outside of class can actually lead to having more time as an instructor!
• A spin on screen casting- the students as the creators and why this may be ideal.
• An instructor gives an example of how they are planning on flipping their class with already-existing resources.
• A great web resource for instructors that walks you through flipping your class in 30 days
• An important lasting message about flipped classrooms and the positive impact it has already had on students at Lethbridge College.
Many thanks to our instructor panel; David English, Jeff Hamilton, Glenn Secretan, and Wendy Weninger. Thanks also to our participants; Brad Keim, Dawn Keith, David Orr, Joyce Shigehiro and Ron Williams.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?