Youtube playlist, to dispel many false doctrines in Christendom which IGNORE the inspired Greek in James 1-2. Link: youtube.com/watch?v=ZV_aTsnz-zs&list=PLB2D36A5F17A7ABB4&index=2 . Off-Youtube: brainout.net/SatStrat2.htm#James2 .
You've often heard, oh, one must do works to be saved, 'faith is not enough', 'easy-believism' is wrong; or worse, one must 'make Christ Lord' to be saved; or, one's not saved unless one 'evidences' salvation by works. So, this playlist shows how James' GREEK, disproves those claims.
The last 12 videos show his four-fold rhetorical style, color-coded. (Word doc download: brainout.net/JAMES1-2INGREEK.RTF . Download its free Greek fonts here: bibleworks.com/fonts.html .) Updated version (for colors and meter): brainout.net/James1-2InGreekR.pdf or .doc .
A) "Faith" means WORD BELIEVED, not your act of faith, and begins in James 1:3.
B) "The" in Greek ("definite article"), he cleverly removes or inserts, to show the difference between GOD's works and your own. This is a common Bible rhetorical style. It begins in Jas 1:3, goes thru end Chap 2.
C) "True riches" (Lord's phrase in Gospels). James starts this witty parallel to the crown you're tested to receive, with Jas 1:3's Greek dokimion. It means to test a gem or metal for genuineness (folks counterfeited gems & coins). For WHAT word is in you? God's, or your own? Word is gold silver precious stones in 1Cor3, so James plays off 1Cor3.
D) Favor True Riches of Word over material poverty or wealth: theme of Chapter 2, James began in 1:9-10.
So now you know:
* 'Faith': is it THE faith, or YOUR faith? THE faith is James' topic. ITS works, never yours.
* Only due to ITS work are you crowned at Bema (1:12), same idea as for Abraham's Maturation Award, Friend of God (2:22-23). Abraham favored what works The WORD produced in him -- hence "Friend of God" Maturation Inheritance Title. For Abraham was already saved back in Gen 15:6, 25 years prior. So Word Works by Spirit; without Whom, you are carnal (Jas 2:26, compared to 1John1:9); HE Works Word in you post-Salvation, to save your soul from all your pre-salvation thinking; so like Abraham, you are caused to Believe In Word so strongly, God can take away what matters most to you. That's the test to pass, for crowning.
* James isn't talking about getting into heaven, but WHERE you reside, in it. That, is governed by how Implanted Word in you, creates those 1 Cor3 gold (etc.) AWARDS.
* Jas 1:1-1-4's context: Believer Maturation. James' Rhetorical Style A, "faith" means WORD BELIEVED & in you. IT doing the works, not you.
* James talks to those Already Saved (1:1-2); so he writes about how you get CROWNED at Bema -- by means of Word in you (1:3, "faith" first means Believed Word, aka "passive use of pistis"). True Wealth of Word Working In You (James 1:3-12, 13-18, 21-26) profits you, so your soul becomes king-sized, and hence you undergo testing (1:3, letter's theme); so when Word in You proves valid, God crowns you (1:12). So, you INHERIT a subkingdom (1:12, all of Chap 2), not merely be IN God's Kingdom. Forever.
* So Jas 2 is on True Wealth Of Bible In You, what IT does to you: not, on you doing anything. Of course, Word won't abide in you, work in you, profit you -- if you didn't learn and believe it. So James reams out Jewish believers who had the Word memorized, as was custom -- but they didn't BELIEVE in it. Paul levied the same criticism, in Rom 10:1-10.
Paul, Peter, Jude, Book of Hebrews and finally John, all allude to or quote, James' themes. Fruit is TEACHING, Matt7, whether good or bad. Fruit is Thinking, Galatians 5 being the Spirit-produced THINKING. For our souls were paid for by Christ's Thinking, "bedato yatsdiq" clause in Isa 53:11's Hebrew.
Word implanted in Christ, made Him BECOME the Truth, by means of which His Soul PAID for us (Isa 53:11); so this Truth is shared out like booty among Church, Jas 2, Rom 12:1-3, Eph 3:15-19, Eph 4:13 (the goal for Church maturation & hence Rapture), 2Pet3:18.
So Word Believed, Works. IT works, not you. IT produces, not you. IT is true profit, not worldly wealth or poverty. IT makes you mature, IT makes you 'approved' for king-sized maturation & hence from IT you INHERIT a kingdom (1:12) if you keep abiding in The Word. Learning it. Believing it. Then you are a 'doer' of The Word, Jas 1:22-23. Then what happened to Abraham, Jas 2:22, happens to you: for the Word works ON faith. Greek verb sunergew is intransitive. So Abraham cannot do anything. But the Word IN Him, makes the intransitive, fruitful, just as in Rom 8:28 (same verb).
Vids made 6/28-30/09.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?