CAIRNS DENTISTS: Home Remedies for Gum Disease
Many people don’t bother going to a Cairns dentist for they believe that gum disease is something that they can still tolerate.
What these people don’t realise is that once the gum disease becomes severe, it can lead to tooth loss, which can also cause many other side effects, not only to dental health but also in the entire well being of a person.
Periodontitis, or commonly known as Gum Disease, is one of dental health problems that are usually taken for granted in the sense that only few people find ways for curing it. Fortunately, you can create your own gum disease treatment right inside your own home.
Below are some of the many other home treatment available for gum disease suggested by your Cairns dentists:
- Brine (Sea salt solution) – the solution will help cure the infection inside your mouth. All you need to do is gurgle or swish the saltwater inside your mouth, specifically to the areas that are affected.
- Aloe Vera – You can rub the flesh of the plant around the swollen area. Do it several times as necessary.
- Lemon and salt – create a paste out these two products and apply it around the portions of your gums that need to be treated. This combination is anti-inflammatory, and at the same time, vitamin c will help your gums cure and fight infections. Other vitamin-c rich fruits can be used as well.
- Green tea – Drinking green tea regularly will help you avoid acquiring gum disease. According to the different studies conducted, people who drink green tea extract are found to be less affected by periodontitis than those who don’t drink green tea extract.
- Baking soda – create a paste by mixing baking soda and water. Apply it to the gums using your fingers. The baking soda can help neutralise the acids inside your mouth and will help you avoid tooth decay and gum disease.
For severe case of gum disease, it needs proper medication. You got Bruce Stevens Dental to back you up. Claim your free consultation today. Contact us today or book your appointment online.
Bruce Stevens Dental
1 Kerwin Street
Cairns, QLD, 4870
Ph: (07) 4031 2134
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?