Study 10 of 13 on The Sanctuary
“Ever notice how popular culture is fascinated with the future. Movies seem describe it in as amazing imagery as some preachers…and often as scary. But everyone uses familiar images to tell their story of the future. However…sometimes those images become more important than the narrative. It is easier to worship the image than understand the message. It may take a thousand words to paint a picture…but if they are well thought of…Biblically accurate…words…perhaps people will begin to see beyond the beasts of Daniel and Revelation…and comprehend the hope and love of God.” –Falvo Fowler
Key Text: “And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed” (Daniel 8:14).
1. How would you describe a future you don’t know?
2. Using imagery the audience of his day can understand, Daniel describes world powers to come. What does the little horn power attack? (give reference and succession of kingdoms)
3. This interfering with worship, how have we mimicked that in our local worship services?
4. With all this interference and confusion that has been inserted into worship through the ages, how can we maintain that God is still in control?
5. What happens at the end of the 2,300 evenings and mornings? How does that make a difference in our lives today?
6. What does Daniel 8 have for us today?
7. Prophecies are often presented in a scary sense of way, how would you explain Daniel 8 to someone for the first time?
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?