It is to the Christian believer's benefit to discern what spiritual deception is as quickly as they can, because scripture tells us that spiritual deception will be on the INCREASE leading up to the return of Jesus Christ.
● IN THE NATURAL, GROWING UP (Maturing) IS INEVITABLE...
and anticipated by children (Ask a child how old they are, it’s usually ? and a ½)
● But the process of maturing spiritually & emotionally is not automatic, it is a result of intentionally choosing to allow the Spirit of God to change the way we think & live.
● The scripture brings this out in Hebrews saying the mature person is always discerning.
Hebrews 5:13-14 "For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk & not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good & evil."
● DISCERNMENT is further shown to be a EVIDENCE, REQUIREMENT & BLESSING of the truly spiritually mature person.
1 Cor. 2:15 (NASV) "But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one." I like how the (NIV) puts it "The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments."
● This message is the 4th in a series on Spiritual Maturity “Growing Up in God”
I encourage you to listen to the first three: #1 -‘Measuring Spiritual Maturity’ #2 -‘Not Easily Offended’ #3 - ‘Eating Your Age”
They are available on; facebook.com/GCF.church
YouTube; "GCF church" and vimeo.com/GCF
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?