City of Salisbury, North Carolina
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
January 21, 2014 - 4:00 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Invocation to be given by Councilmember Miller.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recognition of visitors present.
5. Mayor to proclaim the following observance:
CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK January 27-31, 2014
6. Council to consider the CONSENT AGENDA:
(a) Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting of January 7, 2014.
(b) Appoint Craig Powers as the City representative on the Board of Directors for
Shelter Ministries of Rowan County.
7. Council to receive Highlights and Goals presentations from the Historic Preservation Commission, Hurley Park Advisory Board, and the Tree Board.
8. Council to consider a recommendation regarding the nomination of the Napolean B. McCanless House, 619 South Main Street, to the National Register of Historic Places and consider setting a public hearing for February 4, 2014.
9. Council to receive a petition and consider adopting an ORDINANCE regarding the speed limit on Reeves Street.
10. Council to consider adopting RESOLUTIONS authorizing the City Manager and City Clerk to execute an agreement with the North Carolina Department of Transportation regarding maintenance of signs (Schedule A), markings and markers (Schedule B), and traffic signals (Schedule C).
11. Council to consider appointments to various Boards and Commissions.
12. Council to receive public comments.
13. City Managers Comments.
(a) 2nd Quarter Financial Update.
(b) Other comments.
14. Mayor’s Announcements.
(a) A public reception and input session for the “Centerpiece” Project will be held at the Historic Salisbury Depot Wednesday, January 22, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
(b) Other announcements.
Council meetings are streamed live at salisburync.gov/webcast
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?