Jack Kramer
Schererville, Lake County, Indiana Injury Attorney

You have been in a car crash and the party that caused harm to you doesn't have insurance or maybe doesn't enough insurance, what happens then? Well, that's when we start dealing with the issue of uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage.

My name is Jack Kramer (jkramer@wkb-law.com) Indiana Personal Injury attorney.

Nearly all of us, when we buy auto insurance, have what's known as underinsurance coverage or uninsurance coverage. When we are injured in an automobile crash by someone that does not have insurance, so therefore they are uninsured, our own insurance company essentially steps in and provides insurance coverage for that situation, that's uninsurance coverage.

What happens when you're involved in an automobile crash and you're injured and the person that harmed you does not have enough insurance to compensate you for all of the harm and losses that you've suffered? So let's say you're involved in an automobile crash and you have under insurance coverage through your own insurance policy of $100,000.00, but the person who harmed you only has $25,000.00 of liability coverage to compensate you for the harms and losses they've caused. So, when that person doesn't have enough insurance, they only have $25,000.00 to compensate you. You may be able to make a full recovery under your under insured policy through your own insurance company. And the way the effectively works is this, if you have $100,000.00 worth of underinsurance coverage and the person who harmed you and caused to crash has $25,000.00, you first have to go and obtain that full policy limits, that fill $25,000.00 from that at-fault party and then you can make a claim against your own insurance company for $75,000.00 in this example because you have $100,000.00 worth of coverage, you've received $25,000.00 from the at-fault party that leaves $75,000.00 of under insured coverage. .

Jack A. Kramer
Westland Kramer & Bennett, P.C.
141 West Lincoln Highway
Second Floor
Schererville, Indiana 46375

Telephone: 219-440-7550
Email: jkramer@wkb-law.com

Website: wkb-law.com

Indiana Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Attorney

Loading more stuff…

Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?

Loading videos…