1. According to the Associated Press, ask people to imagine American life in 2050, and you'll get some dreary visions. Whether they foresee runaway technology or runaway government, rampant poverty or vanishing morality, a majority of Americans predict a future worse than today.
2. According to The Times of Israel, Israeli jets bombed targets in the northern Gaza Strip Thursday night, hours after a rocket launched from Gaza landed in the Negev Regional Council.
3. According to The Detroit Free Press, Potentially deadly H1N1 — the influenza virus strain behind the 2009 pandemic — continues its resurgence, with three more deaths reported by hospital officials in Michigan.
4. According to CNN, Fighting raged on Friday between al Qaeda-backed militants and Iraq's security forces for control of two key cities in the embattled Anbar province, even as a deal was in place with Sunni tribesmen to fight alongside Iraqi police against the terror group.
5. According to Yahoo News, in December, the U.S. Army successfully tested a vehicle-mounted laser, destroying more than 90 mortar rounds and several unmanned aerial drones. And an Army official tells Yahoo News that the test could have broad implications for the future, giving the U.S. an edge in low-cost and high-functioning defense technology.
Jesus Christ said in Matthew 24:36-39: "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
Our Second Coming quote for today is from William Freel. He said: "As Christians, we should not be exitists, looking for our going, but adventists, looking for his coming."
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?