1. In an article published on his blog, president of the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, Dr. Russell D. Moore, offers advice on Christian preaching from Dr. King's famous 1963 speech.
2. According to the BBC, many events have been held leading up to the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, where Martin Luther King, Jr., made his I Have a Dream speech.
3. According to the Christian Post, President Barack Obama's administration has been accused of joking about the violent attacks against Christians in Egypt after a question at a press briefing about the "red line" in the crisis.
4. According to the Center for Public Integrity, Ben Carson quickly became a tea party favorite following his criticism of some of President Barack Obama's policies during a National Prayer Breakfast speech earlier this year.
5. According to the Washington Times, With the White House closer to launching a surgical military strike on Syria, questions swirl over the extent to which such an attack could trigger a wave of terrorism directed at the U.S. and Israel.
6. According to The Associated Press, U.S. District Judge C. Weston Houck has ruled for the second time in recent months that legal issues arising from the Episcopal schism in eastern South Carolina belong in state court, not federal court.
7. According to My San Antonio, More than 350 black and Latino ministers and members of their flocks rallied against proposed updates to the city's nondiscrimination ordinance Tuesday at City Hall, rejecting comparisons between the nation's historic struggle for racial equality and current efforts to safeguard rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
8. According to NPR, President Obama will stand in the symbolic shadows of Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln Wednesday, as he marks the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington.
9. According to ABC News, the outgoing Homeland Security Secretary has a warning for her successor: A massive and "serious" cyber attack on the U.S. homeland is coming, and a natural disaster -- the likes of which the nation has never seen -- is also likely on its way.
10. According to Fox News, fire crews reported progress on a 288-square-mile wildfire near Yosemite (YO-SEM-IT-EE) National Park that moved into the watershed that supplies San Francisco as crews elsewhere in sought to contain a fast-moving blaze that burned at least two homes and threatened others in a Northern California neighborhood.
John 6:29: "Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
Romans 10:13: "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?