Claude Gordon, Systematic Approach to Daily Practice (Carl Fischer, 1965), 123.
The video shows how to practice this type of exercise, according to Claude Gordon (author) and my teacher, Bruce Haag . The mistakes you'll hear are ones common to developing trumpeters and will diminish over time, as I naturally discover the knack of trumpet playing.
This is exercise is part of a 5 part lesson plan.
Things to remember when you practice
- 5 times 10 breathing exercise before you begin
- Blow stronger as you go higher
- Short crescendo on hold notes
- BIG BREATH - CHEST UP - SHOULDERS BACK (NOT UP)
- THREE STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT
- Relax lip and rest at least one hour
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?