What must have it been like to have been born blind, then have Jesus put mud over your eyes, then to be able to see? This week's worship looks at
During our 30-minute time together we hope that you will sing or keep time with the hymns, join in our prayer and scripture--
And at the last of our worship we'll be sharing in a time of communion: breaking of the bread together. This is a symbolic act for us, remembering Jesus' words to his disciples at the last supper, to share in the communion in remembrance of Jesus life and redeeming acts.
If you prefer during our short time of communion, you can use the moments for prayer and meditation. If you would like to share in communion with us physically, please have ready a piece of bread, rice or similar food, and some type of drink (we use grape juice, but other drinks will work). These represent the broken body and the blood of Jesus Christ given on our behalf. As we pray for the communion, our prayer includes what is on the table before you.
We hope you will feel at home worshipping with us, and feel a blessing from being part. Please help us spread the word about DisciplesNet Church, especially to those who are not able to attend a physical church.
May God bless you richly!
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music: "Be Thou My Vision," Open My Eyes That I May See," piano from Favorite Hymns and Prayers, Chalice Press
2. Welcome: Deb Phelps
3. Hymn: "Be Thou My Vision, v 1, 4," # Chalice hymnal
4. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Bob Shaw; background: "Be Thou My Vision, Pam Barksdale
5. Response: Cleanse Me, Heal Me, Sung by DisciplesNet singers
6. Scripture: John 9:1-38 (NRSV) Anita Cobb; background music,"Open My Eyes, "Favorite Hymns and Prayers (Chalice press); "More About Jesus I Would Know," Bev Heid
7. Message: "Seeing the Messiah," Amy Grogan, student minister, recording from Brussels Belgium.
8. Hymn: "Jesus, Messiah," Southport Christian Church,Scott Leis, Dean Phelps
9. Communion: Russ Smith
10. Communion hymn, "When You Do This, Remember Me", v 1,4,
Southport Christian Church
11. Closing Music, credits; "Be Thou My Vision"
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at email@example.com, or contact us using the contact information on our website, disciplesnet.org
We are here if you have questions about belief in God, becoming a Christian, following Christ, living as a disciple of Christ, and more.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet Church is a not-for-profit church that exists to cross barriers and boundaries to share the Good News of God's redeeming love. We rely on the gifts of our online viewers as we continue to grow and extend our nets around the world.
We also extend the invitation for you to be part of the DisciplesNet ministry by giving a one time gift, or ongoing, including a tithe. Even the smallest of gifts, like the mustard seed, have a way of growing in amazing ways to share God's word and the love of Jesus Christ.
We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org. Our physical address for donations is:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
And emailing address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?