Originally designed by General Henry Scott and first opened in 1873, the Cast Courts are among the most popular galleries in the V&A. Arranged as two double-height day-lit courts, they house some of the Museum's largest and most loved objects, such as the 5.5 metre high cast of Michelangelo's David and a plaster cast of Trajan's Column, displayed in two pieces which if put together would reach 35.6 metres high.

Loading more stuff…

Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?

Loading videos…